Crystal Reports Server is services-oriented architecture of BusinessObjects Enterprise. BusinessObjects Enterprise is a complete business intelligence (BI) platform that provides specialized end-user tools including Crystal Reports, Web Intelligence, OLAP Intelligence, Performance Manager, and Dashboard Manager. BusinessObjects Enterprise also includes data integration capabilities from Data Integrator. It is architected using modern web standards with an industry-standard communication framework to tie all the components and services together.
Crystal Reports Server harnesses the reporting services and components of the BusinessObjects Enterprise architecture to offer small and medium businesses a proven reporting solution. It addresses the complete reporting process—from data access and report design, to report management and delivery, to report integration with portals and enterprise applications.
Functional Architecture of Crystal Reports Server
Crystal Reports Server is comprised of separate—yet interconnected—components and services optimized for specific tasks. These components and services include:
- Data services for comprehensive and flexible data access
- Creation tool for flexible data formatting using Crystal Reports
- Platform services for report publishing, security, and processing
- Management tools for managing Crystal Reports Server services and objects
- Web and application services for customized report integration with portals and applications
- User interaction tier for end-user report viewing and interaction