ACM/IEEE Software Engineering Code of Ethics and Professional Practice in terms of eight principles:
1. For the public, software engineers shall act consistently with the public interest.
2. For the client and employer, software engineers shall act in a manner that is in the
best interests of their clients and employer, consistent with the public interest.
3. Concerning the product, software engineers shall ensure that their products meet the
highest professional standards possible.
4. With respect to judgment, software engineers shall maintain integrity and
independence in their professional judgment.
5. About management, software engineering managers shall subscribe to and promote an
ethical approach to the management of software development and maintenance.
6. For the profession, software engineers shall advance the integrity and reputation of
the profession consistent with the public interest.
7. With colleagues, software engineers shall be fair to and supportive of their fellow workers.
8. About self, software engineers shall participate in lifelong learning regarding the
practice of their profession and shall promote an ethical approach to the practice of the